What does an Inspirational Cherokee Parable have in common with good business!
This is an inspirational tale about the human spirit. It may seem like an odd choice for a website about business tips, bookkeeping and tax tips. But really, it is about good business and the inspirational wisdom that helps me to explain how to decide if a choice you are making is a . . . good business practice and choice . . . Or Otherwise.
Two Wolves – An Inspirational Cherokee Parable
An old Cherokee chief was teaching his grandson about life…
“A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy.
“It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves.
“One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed,
arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority,
lies, false pride, superiority, self-doubt, and ego.
“The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity,
humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy,
generosity, truth, compassion, and faith.
“This same fight is going on inside you
– and inside every other person, too.”
The grandson thought about it for a minute
and then asked his grandfather,
“Which wolf will win?”
The old chief simply replied,
“The one you feed.“
This selection was made to help you seek inspiration in the business choices that will really propel you to the top.
- Find encouragement from positive mentors.
- Talk about your business in glowing terms – Always – To everyone (nobody wants to hear your problems except your mom), because everyone has their own problems and they want to do business and find inspirational business solutions from those kinds of people who, “Always have something good to say.”
- If you get a lead from someone – remember to say thank-you in a way that they remember you for.
- Remember names.
- Remember to pass on a funny, inspirational, or informative business tip (out of the blue) once in awhile.
- You don’t sign your checks – Your clients do.
So, in summary, if you find yourself stuck for inspirational wisdom and can’t decide what to do or which direction to take – Find and feed the decision you can live with best.
Choose wisely. I hope you receive infinite rewards for your inspirational business wisdom . . . Pass it forward!