Save Money Tips
Tough Times Tips – 18 Ideas To Help You Save Money
Some Are You asking, “What can I do in this hectic time! I’m scared and I have no job and no money and things are falling apart, What do I do now!” Try Not to despair. Disparity serves no useful purpose.
That’s a statistical fact -
Wealthy people see financial decisions as business decisions. There are good ones and bad ones. They walk away from bad ones.
Less fortunate people who need to save money see financial decisions as personal decisions and try to do everything they can to hang on. Even when they have no choice but to walk away. In other words they think of financial choices as personal failures and sometimes resort to – drastic – and unnecessary means – to solve those problems.
Here is a list of things you CAN DO to save money and help yourself.
These came to me from a friend, and they are worth passing on. I hope you benefit from their money and sanity saving wisdom.
An Angel says, ‘Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn’t happen, you have worried in vain.
Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.’
Save Money With These Tips:
- Simplify your life and save money by creating a less ‘cluttered environment. Less is more (Although one is often not enough, two are many times, too much). Stop stocking up on items you only use infrequently.
- Live inside – not outside – your budget; don’t use credit cards for ordinary purchases! Don’t be a victim of your own bad choices. Not only will you save money on interest and fee charges, but you save money on selfishness. It is selfish to buy a gift for someone on credit if you don’t have cash to spend. Selfish because you are ignoring your financial needs for instant gratification of buying a, ‘gift.’
- Know what you spend money on, how much you spend and where you spend it at – Develop a budget for yourself and your family. Save money with everyone in the family – where most of your clever, save money ideas come from!
- Coupons aren’t always the best way to save money – the best deal. Never go shopping without a list – Stick to your list – no matter what.
- Only go shopping once a week to the grocery store and if you run out of something – tell yourself, “I’ll get it next week, this week we will learn to live without that ____ thing we ran out of and substitute something else we do have for that.” Learn to save money and re-condition your thinking to save money versus spend it without thinking.
- Save money by having backups in place. Have one extra key for the car inside your wallet or purse or in a hiding place. Keep a spare key to the house hidden somewhere in the garden. Keep extra postage stamps on hand, etc. . .
- Plan your errands in a geographic circle so that you save money by using less gas – Or walk instead. It’s amazing how happy your heart will be!
Start With Your Sanity to Save Money
- Pray – Not everybody prays to god. Praying out loud helps some, because they are putting their fears and concerns and anxiety out into the universe. For some people, this helps them to feel less isolated, less alone, and it gives them strength and courage to face their battles. In other words, find comfort where you can, because it does not help you save money to keep things bottled up inside.
- Get the rest you need by getting to bed instead of staying up late. Get enough sleep so that you save money by feeling more rested.
- Get up on time so you can save money by starting the day without being and feeling rushed.
- Say No to those things that will not save you money or fit into your time schedule, or worse yet – will compromise your mental health and peace of mind.
- Delegate your tasks and save money by letting those around you who are qualified take care of them for you. If you take two hours to do something someone else does in 15 minutes you are not going to save money doing it yourself.
- Allow some additional time for the things you need to do and the places you have to go.
- Develop a pace for yourself. Take big changes and spread them out. Complete harder projects over a period of time; don’t try to tackle all of the hard stuff all at once – spread the love out and ask for help if you need to.
- Take only one day at a time. Worrying too far in advance prevents you from saving money by seeing simple solutions right in front of you – Today – because you are focused on tomorrow.
- Separate your worries from your concerns. If you are concerned about a situation that is a real concern for you, then find out about the best or next best alternative and let go of the anxiety. If you can’t do anything about a situation, forget it-immediately-RIGHT NOW.
- Do something for that Kid in YOU every single day. Even if it is as simple as singing out loud – or in the shower!
Save Money By Saving Energy
- K.M.M.S. (Keep My Mouth Shut)… This one bit of advice can help prevent a huge amount of trouble. If you have to lower your thermostat and wear a sweater or get an extra blanket to sleep with to save money, then don’t complain. This works especially well when you are talking to other family members. Seasons change.
|You Need A Budget (YNAB) – Personal Finance Software||Quicken Starter Edition 2011 [Download] – [Old Version]||iBank 4 for Mac [Download]|
PEACE TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY
TODAY AND EVERY DAY
Most of the shadows of this life are caused by our standing in our own sunshine.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson