Are You asking yourself, “What can I do in this hectic time?! I’m scared and I have no job and no money and things are falling apart, What do I do now?!” Don’t despair. Disparity serves no useful purpose. Here is a list of 35 things you CAN DO to help yourself.
These came to me from an email I received, but with a few modifications, they are worth passing on. I hope you benefit from their wisdom.
An Angel says
“Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn’t happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.”
2. Go to bed on time.
3. Get up on time so you can start the day un-rushed.
4. Say No to projects that won’t fit into your time schedule, or that will compromise your mental health.
5. Delegate tasks to capable others.
6. Simplify and un-clutter your life. Take unused and unwanted items to shelters where they are much needed and appreciated.
7. Less is more. (Although one is often not enough, two are often too many.)
8. Allow extra time to do things and to get to places.
9. Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over time; don’t lump the hard things all together.
10. Take one day at a time.
11. Separate worries from concerns. If a situation is a concern, find out what your best alternative is and let go of the anxiety. If you can’t do anything about a situation, forget it-immediately-NOW.
12. Live within your budget; don’t use credit cards for ordinary purchases!
13. Have backups; an extra car key in your wallet, an extra house key buried in the garden, extra stamps, etc.
14. K.M.S. (Keep Mouth Shut)… This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble.
15. Do something for the Kid in You every day.
16. Get enough rest
17. Eat right.
18. Get organized so everything has its place.
19. Listen to a tape while driving that can help improve your quality of life.
20. Write down thoughts and inspirations. Save those in a jar you mark with a sign called, “Gratitude”
21. Every day, find time to be alone.
22. Having problems? Talk to God (or your spiritual mentor) on the spot. Try to nip small problems in the bud. Don’t wait until it’s time to go to bed to try and set aside that one moment to be thankful.
23. Make (more/other) friends.
24. Keep a folder of your favorite scriptures or favorite inspirational sayings or quotes handy.
25. Remember that the shortest bridge between despair and hope is often less than 24 hours away.
27. Laugh some more!
28. Take your work seriously, but not yourself at all.
29. Develop a forgiving attitude (most people are doing the best they can).
30. Be kind to unkind people (they probably need it the most).
31. Sit on your ego. Look in the mirror for the best qualities you see in others are ones you actually have yourself – Yes!
32. Talk less, listen more.
33. Slow down.
34. Remind yourself that you are not the general manager of the universe. you don’t have that kind of power. You are only one human deserving of the best of yourself.
35. Every night before bed, think of one thing you’re grateful for that you’ve never been grateful for before.
PEACE TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY
TODAY AND EVERY DAY
Most of the shadows of this life are caused by our standing in our own sunshine.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson